The ability to quickly recover from an equipment malfunction can mean the difference between the show going on … or not.
CyrCraft now offers the only LED Cyr wheel with completely modular components inside and out. Now every part of the wheel (even the skin!) is easily replaceable using just a couple simple hand tools. Add to this our wire free joint connections, 3 very bright strips of LEDs, ease of programmability, sync to music, POV graphics, wireless control available in multiple protocols, and a 3 year warranty… there’s nothing else that comes close to offering this value for a serious performer.
Though we are still in beta, we are getting ready to ship our final round of beta builds, dubbed Rev6. After 18 months of development and hundreds of modifications in the first 5 revisions, Rev6 combines all the strengths of our earlier designs, while also achieving all the benchmarks for what we think an LED wheel should be. See the features list below the video for details.
We’re still working on a Rev6 video, but here’s a little unboxing video of the Rev5 beta model to give you some idea of what to expect.
Scroll on past the video for a breakdown of Rev6 features.
Here are some of the key features setting our LED wheels apart from the rest:
- User Friendly
- Easy to add your own images, sync to music, etc via USB or the upcoming Bluetooth app
- No proprietary software or line by line coding required (though you can code custom functions if you prefer)
- Our unique wire free joint connections make assembly as simple as any regular Cyr wheel; no wires to tangle, damage, or protect during assembly, disassembly, or transport
- Our LED Cyr Wheels are Super Bright!
- The CyrCraft design uses 3 strips of LEDs spaced evenly around the wheel, emitting light from all angles.
- We’ve designed our own high current connectors that don’t put a bottleneck on how much energy the LEDs can pull from the batteries.
- They’re bright enough for patterns to be seen easily even in full daylight!
- Rechargeable batteries available in multiple configurations provide hours of use between charges.
- Multiple Wireless Control Options
- A handheld remote comes standard with each wheel
- Our own Wireless DMX interface is available as an add-on for serious performers
- A bluetooth android app will soon be available
- The controller board also supports WiFi that will be made available in the future
- Unparalleled Modularity
- Every part of the wheel can now be easily removed and replaced (even the skin!), with a couple simple hand tools
- In the event of an equipment failure, any part can be swapped out in minutes!
- We are tooling up for complete interchangeability of wheel sections in the final product – no more tiny section numbers to hunt for while you’re prepping the wheel in a dimly lit backstage area!
- Fast, Flexible Graphics
- We are driving over 1000 LEDs at 240 frames per second with individual pixel level control
- Our wire free joints use physical contacts that allow faster data rates than what is achievable using a wireless link between wheel all 5 wheel sections
- Onboard accelerometer/gyro can keep images stabilized upright or be configured to alter the brightness, color, speed, etcetera of your patterns.
- They’re Just Tough!
- Using sturdy 1/4″ thick aluminum tubing for the wheel frame, we are able to inlay the LED strips inside of grooves routed on the surface of the frame.
- The LED strips are protected by the walls of the groove, then cast in a clear hard resin, and all of that is cushioned by a thick 3/16″ PVC skin.
- Short of running over a nail, the LED strips cannot be damaged through normal use, and so they’re able to be installed on both the inner and outer surfaces of the wheel for optimal lighting.
Beta wheels are currently $4500 plus shipping and appropriate taxes/duties. Beta wheels are fully warrantied, and beta buyers also have the opportunity to trade in their beta wheel towards a production model after Summer 2017.
Please don’t hesitate to send any questions through our Contact page, and join our email list below for the latest details on sales, preorders, and new products.